BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 27, 2011

New Semester, Same people

I had sooooo many things to post about my first couple of nights of class this semester. I had a LOT of frustrations to vent about. THEN, I read my "Best friend that lives far away"'s blog, and realized - "If you don't have anything nice to say...." and decided that, like her, I should ZIP IT.

SO, I'll say JUST THIS: If I make it through this semester without losing my ever-loving mind, it will be a small miracle. :]

I'm taking my first 'criminal justice' classes this semester. It's totally different from my social work and psychology stuff I've been taking, and I'm really excited about it. In my "Intro to Criminology" class, he has assigned us the "Key Terms" at the end of each chapter. There are between 10-50 words in every chapter, and 19 chapters. They aren't due until the end of the semester - in May. I have all the terms typed, and the definitions for chapter one, and part of chapter two finished already. YES - this doesn't seem like 'homework', it is FUN. I know, I know, I'm a freak. BUT - Just think about it - when you find a topic you really like to learn about, and you get to learn MORE about it - why stop?? I have two friends who are taking the same class, with a different professor - who has NOT assigned the key terms - and they are going to type up the terms just for their own personal use. SO, see!!! I'm not crazy. At least I'm going to get a grade for it! ;)

I have my favorite professor this semester again! I think I like him best b/c he doesn't put up with any 'excuses' or 'carp' from anyone. He tells you the rules, and what he expects from you - and doesn't let you get away with being a lazy, white trash, whiney idiot. (shoot - I'm starting to slip into the 'not nice' thing....) BUT - he likes me, and my friends - mostly b/c we COME TO CLASS, DO THE WORK, and DO NOT COMPLAIN. Afterall, this is college. And we're "grown-ups". Not too difficult. Well, if you care about your grades anyway.

We got a new dog this last year. Char-Lay is half St. Bernard, and half Bernese Mountain dog. She is the CUTEST baby in the world. Well, I use the word 'baby' loosely. She only weighs 100 pounds, and is 8 months old. HA! Here is Charlie trying to get her 'rightful spot' on the couch.


Alright, heading to bed. Trying to think of a good story to share - need to be 'funny' for you guys! Will write more later!

~ Misty

1 knowledge helpers:

Lanel said...

My criminology class was one of my favorites when I was in school. LOVED it. :)