BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, June 12, 2011

I came across this AWESOME website this week, while ‘stumbleing’: http://www.marcandangel.com/2009/07/13/50-questions-that-will-free-your-mind/

I’m going to try my hand at answering some of these questions, and responding to different things that they’ve posted that really make me think. Let’s start with #1.

1. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?

I really feel like I’m around 21….I am constantly dreaming about my life in college – back at Maryville. I was only 18 then, but when I was 21, I was WAY smarter, and would like the chance to re-live that part of my life. I know I durned sure don’t feel almost 36.

2. Which is worse, failing or never trying?

Failing really sucks. I don’t like to lose. But, I also don’t like to sit on the sidelines and wonder ‘what if’ either. :/ I guess I’ll stick with Failing sucks.

3.If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?

When you are faced with responsibilities i.e. kids, jobs, marriages, etc., we do things we HAVE to do. and sometimes they are things we don’t like. Truly lucky people find a job they love to do – so it isn’t like that. Many things that I myself like to do – I can’t do because I’m married with 4 children. I would love to travel the world, and dance in discos, and party all night with new friends. As a grown-up, that just isn’t possible anymore. As a 17 year old gorgeous young lady set loose in Greece – it was a DREAM world!

4.When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Okay, this is MISTY talking here – of course I will have said more than I’ve done! DUH! I’m a TALKER! But I do make sure the job is finished.

5.What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world?

I would rather get rid of all religions, or magically make all religions conveniently combine perfectly. And all the nutcases were kicked out. Perhaps then, true happiness and calmness can happen across the globe!

6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?

Having babies (not really the delivery though – unless it was like Avery’s birth) and raising kids – I’d have a dozen or more if I could! If Happiness was the currency I could be paid that paid the bills – I would be in HEAVEN! I love my kids, and I love babies, and helping others with their babies! I would be Oprah level with my ‘pay’!! Top of the FORBES list, I’m sure!

7.Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?

Kent says that ‘overall’ I am doing what I believe in. And you wouldn’t settle for less than that”. I Feel like I settle for a lot of things that are out of my control. I’m going to school to learn the way to get the job I believe in, and am determined to get. But I’m afraid I’ll settle for the first one that is offered. I do know, with no question, that I will do my best at whatever it is.

8.If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?

Well, I would have started having kids sooner, and had a lot more!! And at age 36 – I would for have them set for their lives. Maybe.

9.To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?

I take responsibility for every course my life has taken. I came back from Maryville. I left Ryan for Kent. Kent and I worked together on school schedules and plans for the future…….Anything else – it’s all be on ME. I did it.

10. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?

I always try my best to do the right things. In addition to that, any task I need to complete – I work hard to do it right.


This is the first 10 questions for the night…more to follow, I’m sure. The Ambien has kicked in, and I need to sleep. G’night all! And thanks to Sharon-Anne for my B&N Gift Certificate!



~ Misty

0 knowledge helpers: