BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, September 19, 2009

How old were you when you did all these things?

So I was confronted this week by someone who is dealing with the ‘fallout’ from something they did when they were younger.  Someone is actually blaming them for ‘mistakes’ they made as a teenager.  Seriously?  It’s been 18 years, and someone thinks you should answer for your mistakes NOW?  Seriously?

No amount of explaining that, or comfort, or rationale is helping them cope.  You can’t change what you did.  YES – you should have done it differently, but you were a different person then.  I can’t imagine telling my daughter in 18 years that she was a horrible person and never wanted to speak to her again b/c of something she said/did today.  (and she’s really mature and smart)

Of course this led me to think about the things I was doing at 15 or 16.  Most of which I’m not proud of.  A lot of which I’m glad I did – I learned valuable lessons.  Don’t know if I can answer these questions myself, as my mom will kill me – but I’m putting it out there for you.  You don’t have to actually post your answer, but think about it – and ask yourself if you should be held accountable NOW for what you did at 15 or 16.  And then I wonder – if the people you were doing this with were, oh, say, in their 20s…..can you really be held accountable?  I think THEY should have known better.  Anywho – I’m rambling….so – here are my questions:

How old were you when you:

  • had sex for the first time?  (How old was he?)
  • had a DRINK for the first time? (got drunk?)
  • smoked a cigarette (and did you continue smoking?)
  • smoked weed (and inhaled?)  *giggle*
  • did a different form of drug? (or did you try ANY?)
  • drove a car without license (and for what reason?)
  • partied hard at a 21+ party even though you were under 21 (or any party, for that matter)
  • gave someone a ******* (this is really popular now – more so than when I was that age)

I wonder how much the times have changed.  WHY did you change (if you did)?

So, that’s what’s eating at me today. 

Until next time -

~ Misty

4 knowledge helpers:

Blasé said...

21 and it was with a 'she'

32 Never

Never

Never

Never

sure, was with an adult

I'm not a Partier

I can't read asterisks, WTF?

Blasé said...

DO NOT PUBLISH THIS

I like the new pic!!! uh oh..you've got something on your lip?? Let me suck it off for you!

I was hoping you would show off your sexy cleavage... Oh well, at least you are giving that gorgeous smile of yours!

..just sayin'

Kimberly said...

16 & he was 16
Drunk - 15
Smoked - 15 & no, am a non-smoker.

Never smoked weed.

Only drugs I have tried - alcohol & tobacco.

Probably started around 14. If my mom needed something from the store, she'd let me go and get it.

I dun remember an over 21 party. My peers were always older ie. drunk @ 15...I was with 18 year olds.

16 when I smoked my 1st pole.

Becki said...

I don't want to think too much about these or my two-year-old may never be allowed out of the house! ;)

There's an award for you on my blog, btw :)