BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, October 16, 2009

Watch your words...

I was reminded today (and yesterday too) that words can either build a person up, or tear them down - in an instant. You never know when something you say is the thing that calms a person enough to get through the day, or if it's the thing that pushes them over the ledge they are teetering on.

Yesterday I had to deal with a very rude person on the phone. I've been nothing but nice to this person, and they thought they had every right to talk to me as though I were a dog. 8 months ago, I'd have fallen over the ledge. As it stands, I was okay. Today I dealt with someone on the phone who is sooooo super sweet and understanding, and helpful. She didn't have to help me, in fact - prolly caught a lot of grief for doing so - but she showed a true Christian act of faith and kindness and it means a lot to me. Built me up. Just when I needed it. (Thanks Kelly!!)

What do your words or actions say about you to those around you? Do people enjoy your company and conversation? Or do they steer clear of you? I've learned a lot of valuable lessons since leaving my 'job' in May, and the number one is that WORDS HAVE POWER. Power to build you up, or tear you down. And when you tear someone down with one 'little' thing....it takes a LOT of words to fix it. As Dr. Phil says, "It takes 100 'atta boys' to undo one 'you suck'" Or something like that....I can't imagine Phil saying 'suck' but you get the idea....ROFLMAO.

Decide today if you are in 'construction' or 'destruction' mode. May make the biggest difference in the lives around you.

~ Misty

0 knowledge helpers: