BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, February 4, 2010

End of the school week...

So my school week is over. An interesting week was had by all. I mentioned that my "Human Sexuality' teacher was a 70 year old woman....I think I LOVE this class. She's been married twice, and had children, and a Sch-load of life experience. I'm learning a lot in this class. And not really about 'sex', but about 'life', and 'marriage', and how to communicate effectively. There was a young girl in another class this week who said she dropped her class as soon as she met her, 'there is NO WAY I'm learning about sex from an old lady!' she said. I don't like that girl. Give me a woman with life experience over a younger, less experienced, 'clinical' woman any day!!! Because of her class, I actually had a great conversation with my husband that ACCOMPLISHED something!!! Thank you Ms. Nickle.

In my minority class, we laughed, we raised our eyebrows, and we laughed some more. This professor isn't really suited for teaching (so far) but he makes us laugh - and I like the people in the class! AND - he FINALLY realized what I am. "YOU'RE CHEROKEE!!! THAT'S IT!!!!" Umm....duh?

Social Psychology rocks! I'm loving this professor - he makes us laugh, and teaches at the same time! And there is a bit of teasing. He knows my Father-in-law, and I promised him wine to forget it. THAT got a lot of laughs! (My FIL owns a winery!)

In my workforce issues class....this is her first class she's ever taught, and is really nervous about it. At first I was a little leary of being her guinea pig, but after two classes, I like her - I really, really like her! We go over the chapter, and have a quiz.....and those questions will be on the final!! This week, we watched "Yes Man" b/c it dealt with.....um, I'm not really sure how it applied, but whatever! :)

Then there is my Positive Psychology class taught by the father of the girl who fired me from the church. Yep, AWwwwwKWARD!!! Actually, it hasn't really been a problem. He's a great teacher, and I really am learning things. I love it when my mind is forced to think.....and this class is about POSITIVITY. I always need more of that in my life!

Alright - I didn't realize this didn't post, and I'm finishing it Sunday. SO - this week, I'll try to publish it on FRIDAY like I planned on....:)

~ Misty

0 knowledge helpers: