BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, February 11, 2010

People are Crazy.

So I've been trying to come up with a 'topic' to blog about....not many things happening this week that is fun, or entertaining...EXCEPT - every morning this week I've awoken (awakened?) to my eyes swollen, rash on my face, sneezing, etc. Finally went to the doc this morning, as my eyebrow piercing had embedded in the swelling, and we had to dig it out - it's now infected. Thanks Mr. Allergy man. :/ SO - a healthy dose of steroids, benedryl, and antibiotics - and I'm feeling much better.

Then, as I sit and worry about paying for the doctor (I knew I had to be SEEN - they won't just give you meds!) I posted on facebook. What do I get? Smart @ss comments. Or, commenT. Seriously - if I didn't want to see when or how often someone posted, I'd remove them from my feed. Why do YOU care when, or for how long I'm online? For the record - my computer is in the dining room - which is smack-dab (yes, I think that's a real word) in the middle of my house. Centrally located to keep tabs on my kids while THEY are online - they each have an hour of 'play time' and I'm a hyper-vigilant monitor of internet use. My homepage is Facebook. If I see someone has responded to a post, and I'm not busy - I'll stop and check it. Some days I just don't have time to play, but most days I keep my sanity by being a part of my 780some friends' lives. Don't like seeing me there - GO AWAY.

Speaking of which - I can totally see why they think I'm always on there - farmville started with the "Valentines" thing this week. It's like an obsession to be the first to click for a 'bonus' or 'collectible' or 'Valentine" or best of all - "A Valentine PRIZE". And besides - I've gotten 188 Valentines so far. I feel the love! And who doesn't want free love man!!??

When I left class tonight (early - and I'll explain in my end-of-the-week blog) my windows were frosted over. No biggie - started the van, kicked up the heat and defrost buttons....and realized it was INSIDE the van. I had to scrape ice from the INSIDE of my van. NONE on the outside - only the inside. Weird. Couldn't even tell Kent about it when I got home, b/c everyone except the daughter child was asleep!

I think tomorrow, I'm going to stay after class and write the paper and get an article for my class from tonight. Then I'll be done with all the work in THIS class and can start on my Positive Psych paper. Good plan. We'll see how the benedryl is making me feel...

Starting to worry that no one is reading my ramblings....if you are reading, post something to me! If I get enough readers, I'm going to figure out that whole "get paid to blog" thing I've heard about.

OH - and it's Valentine's Day this weekend. WOOHOO!!! YIPPEE SKIPPEE!!!! Oh, wait, I'm not a high school girl anymore.....I haven't celebrated Valentine's day since I met Kent. 15 years ago. I always get the kids something - but we've never found a good enough reason to waste money on flowers that will die, chocolate that.....wait - CHOCOLATE IS NEVER A WASTE.....stuffed animals that take up space, or any of the other gooey-schmooey carp you can get for a loved one. I have more jewelry than I can wear at one time, and Kent's just not a lovey-dovey kinda guy. I did tell him though - he's buying me NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK's new DVD set this year. He asked today if I had received it yet, or should he intercept the mail and wrap it. I told him to bite me. See - what a day for lovers....*rolleyes*

I guess the kiddos will be heading back to school tomorrow. This is a great thing, as we were all going crazy cooped up here for 4...5? days. We all got a break the other night - they stayed at Grandma's house (well, 2 of them did) and it was soooo quiet here! I'm sure I can't say the same for my mother's house....*giggle*

Getting the tax return this week. Looks like the bills WILL be paid off, and then new clothes for the kiddos! Won't be lookin' like orphans anymore! This is a good thing. I think I may even get a pair of shoes....I haven't had new shoes....well....I can't remember how long ago. That's sad. WAIT! Maybe I'll splurge and get a PURSE too. I'm sooooo NOT a shopper. I'd still be wearing stone-washed jeans (with rolled legs) and sweatshirts if I could get away with it! Oh, wait....that's pretty much my wardrobe now - minus the rolled leg jeans.

So, I've blogged enough tonight. I feel accomplished. Gonna go crash. (translated = the benedryl is kicking my tush) Stay safe, and carry on!

~ Misty

1 knowledge helpers:

Anonymous said...

OK...I'm officially stalking you now...:D friends on facebook...following your blog...frequently visit the town you live in...hmmmm...:D
LOVE YOU SEXY!!