BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The week in review...

...late again. LOL - Most of my classes were cancelled last week, so I didn't have much to write about; however, I do now! :)

Soooo.....Monday and Tuesday classes were cancelled. Wednesday I had 'workforce issues' and we went to class (this is with the 'first-time-teacher') and went over our chapter. She gave us our questions at the beginning of class, and then informed us that there were a couple questions that had two different answers (I found them, and wrote the page numbers last week) and that the key she was going by was wrong. SO - she doesn't think these questions will really help us, but is going to let us do them anyway. *puzzled look* THEN - we watched "Liar Liar" with Jim Carey. Well, THEY watched it - I went home. This chapter was dealing with ethics in the workplace, so I get the connection - but....nah, would rather be at home.

Thursday was "Positive Psychology". *sigh* We had two great presentations - they set the bar HIGH for those of us who follow.....I hope I do as well! Part of this chapter was concerned with relationships, and how other people affect our moods, and our health. Our 'reaction paper' (where we write at the end of the class) was about that - "Do you agree or disagree that relationships with people affect our health - why or why not - use personal examples from your own life". Whew....wrong topic for me - especially given who the teacher is. Now remember me mentioning that this professor's daughter is the one who fired me from my last job? WELL - He is also a Deacon from that church. And if you have read my blog for very long, you know how that job affected my health, and my life. I wrote a VERY honest response - and I'm curious now as to how he is going to treat me next week. :/ I'm positive that the people who attend that church don't even think about how I was completely 'shunned' when I lost my job - except those who are doing it on purpose. I just hope it was an eye-opener. I'm not the first employee who has been treated this way, and I'm sure I won't be the last. And I'm DEFINITELY not the first church member treated this way. The saddest part is that I just have no need for church anymore. None. I love God, and I want to follow his word, and live a good life - but I don't ever see me being part of a congregation ever again. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice....shame on ME.

So - Valentine's Day was this last weekend. Yeah...we haven't celebrated V-day since we met in 1995...well, we met December 23, 1994...and I had Nanny make a "Death by Chocolate" cake for us for V-day. Of course, I used that as an excuse to get Nanny's cake!!! I didn't give two hoots about the holiday! SO - for V-day this year - I ordered NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK'S new DVD set for myself....Kent got...um....yeah - nothing. We took the kids to Barnes & Noble, and they each got to pick out several books. The fact that my kids choose BOOKS over anything else for a present - makes me PROUD. And they are GOOD books! I usually get my mom carnations - but didn't find any this year - so I got her a snickers bar. Which, really, is WAY better than flowers!!! RIGHT??

I've been doing a lot of research about fibromyalgia lately - this is what I'm sure I have. The doc thinks maybe so (she put me on all the meds for it) and I've decided I'm going to educate my readers about it. No one really 'gets it' unless they know someone with it. My pain is usually in my lower back and hips...I think it stems from wrecking the van when I was preggo with Rogan, and then I fell down the stairs three times in the next year, crackin' my butt bone. That coupled with the enormous stress I was under working for Mr. 'I'mbetterthanyou'. Some days my neck and shoulders just HURT. And the top of my check into my neck. Occasionally my knees hurt - but my arms....oh man, my arms are KILLING me today. It hurts to lift them. And it's a pain you can't really describe. It's just THERE. I'm posting a link to the mayoclinic....read all about it. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/fibromyalgia/DS00079

Alright....Gonna try to get some energy together to vacuum. I'm thinking I can't, so I'll end up playing on farmville, and eventually finishing my homework that is due tonight. Stay safe and carry on!

~ Misty

0 knowledge helpers: